Sunday, November 15, 2009

Time Travel Inspiration

I fell in love with the story of The Time Traveler's Wife when I read the book. So when the movie came out I went to see it the opening weekend. I was impressed with how accurately the movie portrayed the book. It is great inspiration for weddings, marriage, and life itself. The moment I saw Clare's engagement ring I began to drool. It has a vintage yet futuristic look to it, so unique. There has already been a trend shift in engagement rings to a more vintage look with the settings of the rings themselves. Now I have begun to see a trend shift in the preference of different shapes of diamonds.

Clare's engagement ring is an oval shaped diamond set east to west. So beautiful.

Here is another engagement ring that has a Marquise shape diamond, instead of oval shape, set east to west.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you finally started this! Adding you to my google reader now:) Great first post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for posting that picture. i also read the book and had to see the movie when it came out. i love the ring she wears. i don't know why the jeweler who created that ring doesn't want to be recognized. it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been crazy about this ring, and have been dropping a million hints to the BF. so fustrating...I just hope that if it does happen - this is the ring I get!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this ring also!! And the book was amazing. I read it a few years ago, when I was in high school. This is exactly what I would want if I was getting married!

    ReplyDelete